- Have you previously experienced a birth that you perceive as negative, traumatic or disappointing (whether recently or years ago)?
- Has anyone ever said to you, or you’ve tried to convince yourself, “All that matters is a healthy baby”? Have you ever felt like, “Nobody understands why I have negative feelings about my birth?”
- Do you feel you’d benefit from processing that experience in a supportive environment and with other women who’ve gone thru similar experiences?
- As you think back on your birth, do you currently experience any of the following emotions: sadness, regret, anger, shame, frustration or disappointment?
- Are you currently pregnant and feel that your prior negative birth experience is hindering your preparation for the upcoming birth?
If you answered “Yes” to ANY of the above questions, then Healing From Birth is for you! Healing From Birth is a unique class taught by Sarah Baker, PLD member, who has specialized training in emotional preparation, processing, and support for both the prenatal and postpartum periods. Throughout her work as a birth professional, she learned that far too many women suffer in silence following a negative birth, often feeling isolated in their feelings for months or years after their experience. These experiences continued to fuel her passion for supporting women emotionally, making sure their voices are heard and, ultimately, led to the creation of Healing from Birth.
In this class (that meets one time), your individual comfort level and emotional safety is the top priority and you will be met with a welcoming spirit of non-judgement. Sarah will gently guide you thru processing your birth experience(s) in a number of ways at your own pace. You will also be given tools for continued processing and healing from on your own, as well as being connected to local professionals and healthcare providers who specialize in emotional/mental health related to pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Your birth experience matters, your baby matters…and YOU matter! Come experience all that Healing From Birth has to offer.
Healing from Birth Options
Sarah offers several class options for Healing From Birth:
Offered monthly, $40/person
Sign up for group class now:
Private One-on-one Session
Held in the comfort of your own home, contact Sarah for individual prices
Private Videochat Session
For those outside of the St. Louis area, $70
Purchase now and Sarah will contact you to schedule your session:
**DISCLAIMER: This class is NOT designed to take the place of counseling/therapy with a licensed mental health professional, nor is it intended to assess, treat or diagnose mood/mental health disorders.